Thursday 13 March 2014

Advice?


Is there anyone out there who could give me advice on a particular technique?  I'm doing a piece of work which involves a textured/layered background, with a figure on it.  I was wanting to try to do the face on a piece of very think substrate, so chose a piece of flowered napkin and layered it with several coats of clear gel medium, to strengthen it.  Now I've coloured/painted the features but find myself with a problem.  The background piece I've prepared is so textured that, if I were to stick this onto it, it would probably show through.

So, the question is, how do others get this effect?  Do I a) draw the face on the background, rather than separately b) leave a place on the background untextured or c) use thicker paper for the face?

All of these suggest further difficulties, if I'm not mistaken.  I'd be really interested to learn how others might have found their way around these issues.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment